May 28th, 2014
Deadly carbon monoxide leak: Four males working in the underground levels of the apartment building using (gas-powered) pressure washers were treated for carbon monoxide related injuries. One victim was pronounced dead at the hospital. Unable to determine whether or not the gas was from the pressure washers, Toronto Fire is still working to find the source of the leak. The rest of the building also began to fill up with the deadly gas, and the first six floors of the apartment were evacuated as a result.